Welcome to mickord.com, a media relations consultancy that offers strategic advice to private companies and public sector organisations who want to improve their profile and get their message heard loud and clear.
Services I offer, include:
- How to improve your media profile across tv, radio and online
- One-to-one and group media training – tv & radio interviewing skills with a focus on ‘getting your message across’
- Crisis management – dealing with the media in times of crisis
- How to get your stories in the media
- Training and support for your team when addressing the media in times of crisis
- Developing a joined-up digital media strategy
Sectors I enjoy working with include:
- PR industry
- Chambers of Commerce, business networks
- Radio and tv sector
- Education sector
- Health sector
Mick and his team really got stuck into understanding our needs as a company, and the skills and responsibilities of each of the participants… the training was tailored to the company and to each individual. I thoroughly recommend Mick and his team.”
Erik Britton, MD, Fathom Consulting – Global Economic Consultancy
I work across the UK, Ireland & English-speaking countries
During my time at the helm of BBC Radio Merseyside we achieved the highest audience figures for 10 years and consistently the highest listenership of any BBC local station outside of London.
This was achieved due to a highly creative workforce 100% focused on our audience and strong, inspirational leadership which adapted to changing market conditions, knowing how and when to change focus and always with a weather eye on the long-term strategy.
It’s all about connections. For example, recent media appearances in 2017 by my clients include the BBC NW Election Special, Granada Reports, BBC North West Tonight, BBC 5 Live, independent and BBC local radio, along with local press in Wales, Scotland and England. In 2016, media appearances included BBC News, LBC, BBC Radio 4 and local radio.
Although I am based on Merseyside, and have a deep knowledge of the North West, I am keen to transfer my skills to other sectors, and to other parts of the UK and Europe, bringing with me the skills and experience gathered from 30 years working at the BBC.